Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bubbles







Oh little homebrew, as you ferment and stew, we wake every day hoping to see bubbles from you.

Saturday, the mister and I took to
brewing a long-overdue batch of beer. We ordered all the grain and hopstuffs from High Gravity (a FSM-send in our hometown)and laid it out on the counter. Snodgrass-in-charge reviewed Charlie Papazian's bible...no looks of confusion yet...

Our grains are a-steepin'...




I have no clue how long this steeping went on as I was too busy weighing the cat on Wii Fit, a fruitful endeavor I assure you. However at some point, malt extract was added, as were some yummy hops. (Cascade and something else...you can tell how involved I am...)




Eventually, after an hour or so of boiling and stirring and stirring and boiling the aromatic brew was poured into the good ol' Ale Pale.






Here we are waiting ever-so-patiently to cool the stuff. Note the bottom left corner. Those my friends, are dinosaur valentines with "3D" stickers (read: holographic)...all of which were hidden about the abode for the man to find. Exciting? Yes. Cheap? Yes. Childish? Absolutely.

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to weight my kip on Wii Fit. Yes, that is what I took away from this blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, Mouse is me, Emily. I don't know why it's using an old account...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i spy some amazing salt and pepper shakers! wonder where you get them...

    ReplyDelete