Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Shiz I like.

Shit I'm listenin' to and what it means to me, ok:


The Sounds of Siam: Jazz & Malam in Thailand 1964-1975 -- OK AWESOME. Definitely poppy, definitely Americanized, definitely baby voices from the lady vocals but I defy you not to dance around all foreign-like while listening to this album, neat.


Earth: Hibernaculum -- I'm in tattered, sand-covered clothing. Wandering through desert. Did I just past that dark, wavy looking mass a moment ago? It seems different. Time's dripping by slowly like molasses. Lurve.

Schtuff I read recently and enjoyed OK it's just one thing for now, OK HERE GOES:


Listening Through the Noise, Joanna Demers -- Relief. Had this book been written before I aborted a paper about Joanna Newsom's Ys in an American poetry class in college I'd have made a better A. Maybe an A and not an A-. Maybe. Anyway, if you're into folks like Adorno and enjoy excruciatingly un-musical "music" then this book's for you. Elite, intellectual snobbery abounds...AND I LIKE THAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment